Skip to content

Leaving the University

If you will be separating employment from the university and you are not eligible or will not be retiring at this time please read the information below for your options with regard to your retirement plan.

Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS)- If you have at least 5 years of service you are vested and have established your rights under this plan. In order to receive a payment from the retirement you have to meet one of the following criteria:

Early Age Retirement:

  • Age 55 - at least 10 years of service
  • Any age - at least 25 years of service

Full Retirement:

  • Age 60 - at least 5 years of service
  • Any age - at least 30 years of service

Once you meet the above criteria please contact TCRS to begin the retirement process at 1-800-770-8277 or visit them on the web at Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System website.

Optional Retirement Program (ORP)

Please contact your provider for specific information about distribution options available for your ORP account.

  • ING - 800-525-4225
  • TIAA-CREF - 800-842-2776
  • VALIC - 800-448-2542

Plan Administrator Signature Instructions

You will be asked for the plan administrator signature for any rollover or distribution options you choose. Complete all pages of the application you receive from the provider and send this to our plan administrator in Knoxville. Please mail completed forms to:

The University of Tennessee
HR East Service Center
115 Conference Center Building
600 Henley St.
Knoxville, TN 37996-4115
This office may be contacted by calling toll free: 1-888-444-8847.

Last Published: Sep 19, 2018