Skip to content

Other ways to search: Events Calendar | UTHSC News

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?
Student may inquire about the status of a pending claim through the Atlanta Regional Office Claim inquiry. Students may also contact the DVA at 1-888-442-4551.
How will the DVA pay for tuition?

All students who receive veterans' educational benefits are responsible for the same tuition policies as other UTHSC students

The Department of Veteran Affairs will send money to UTHSC for a student's tuition and fees who is receiving the Post 911 GI Bill ®; Under the post 911 GI Bill ®, housing and book allowance is sent directly to the student. Money from all other educational benefits will be mailed directly to the student or deposited into the student's bank account.

Does the Veterans Affairs Office determine or know the specific dollar amount of a Student's entitlement?

Please consult the following Department of Veterans Affairs Website for Benefit paycharts.

For more specific information the student should contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551.

Does the Veterans' Services Office know when VA will process students' enrollment and send their money?

No. For specific information students should contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 FREE or the Regional Processing Office at 1-888-444-5555 FREE.

Do all students have to submit an Enrollment Certification Request every semester?

Yes. An Enrollment certification form must be submitted each semester Term. You may access a certification form at

Do students have to report all changes in schedule (drop/add)?

Yes. Students must report any changes in class schedule within two business days to avoid over/under payment of benefits.

May 26, 2022