Our History - From 1898 to Now

The College of Pharmacy traces its origins to the University of Tennessee's Knoxville campus in 1898. The School relocated to Memphis in 1909 to join the city's College of Physicians and Surgeons. The resulting institution became part of the University of Tennessee in 1911, when the UT medical and dental schools were moved to Memphis. The school received college status in 1959, consistent with the other colleges of UT Memphis. Today, the UT Health Science Center, with 2,000 students and 3,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading academic health centers.

The video below chronicles our history from 1898 to 1998. We also offer the History of the College of Pharmacy Link to Acrobat file that follows the college from its inception in 1898 to the present.

College of Pharmacy

Contact Us

College of Pharmacy -
Memphis

881 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-6036
Fax: (901) 448-7053

College of Pharmacy - Knoxville

1924 Alcoa Highway
Knoxville, TN 37920
Phone: (865) 974-2100
Fax: (865) 974-2022

College of Pharmacy - Nashville

193 Polk Ave Suite 2D
Nashville, TN 37210
Phone: (615) 532-3401
Fax: (615) 532-3399