Emergency Medicine Interest Group
The Emergency Medicine Interest Group (EMIG) at UT is a new re-established student led, faculty supported organization dedicated to expose students to the field of Emergency Medicine. The group conducts meetings, conferences, and special activities throughout the year to improve the knowledge base and skill set needed for EM. Furthermore, the EMIG focuses to connect students with EM doctors in the field for hands on exposure. At some point in their education, every medical student will have contact with the Emergency Department. The activities held by the EMIG are geared to help students prepare and excel in situations that they are likely to encounter throughout their time at UT.
The EMIG will have an exposition at each New Student Orientation week to recruit new members. In order to be up-to-date on all our events, please register with our listserv.
- Evaluating Radiographs
- Recognizing Signs of Abuse
- Gang Violence in Memphis
- Interpreting EKGs
- Case Studies from the Emergency Department
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Experiences in the Emergency Department as told by Emergency Medicine Residents
- Am I right for Emergency Medicine, and is Emergency Medicine Right For Me?
- Signs and Symptoms of Cocaine Abuse
- How to Handle a Code
Members of EMIG have the opportunity to attend special activities presented in conjunction with other various organizations.