Skip to content

Research Protocols Involving Radiation

Individuals who plan to use radioactive materials or radiation-producing equipment (e.g. x-ray, NMR, lasers, fluoroscopy, etc.) in research, development, teaching, or demonstration projects must obtain prior approval from the campus Radiation Safety Committee. Requests must be submitted in the form of an iMedRIS application. 

Access iMedRIS through the link provided here.  This is the same application system used for IACUC, IBC and IRB protocol submissions.  Instructions to get started with a radiation safety protocol application are provided here with additional training information provided within the system.

Last Published: Mar 12, 2021