University Health Services (UHS) is a component of the College of Nursing in the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center. Our goal is to create and sustain a healthy campus community supporting the importance of a healthy social and learning environment.
Services provided include adult comprehensive primary care including women's health, occupational health, travel medicine, preventive screenings and laboratory services. UHS is the provider for all student health care for UT-Memphis, as well as for the Baptist College of Health Sciences. UHS also provides urgent care to UT employees and is responsible for Occupational Health for UTHSC. UHS uses an electronic medical records software package in order to establish cutting-edge status by having all of the clinic's functions, including patient medical records, appointments, and labs, completely on-line. A full time board-certified Internal Medicine Physician serves as the medical director. Nurse practitioners (board certified advanced practice registered nurses) will usually be the primary provider of care, with a physician available when requested.
The mission of University Health Services is to provide the best possible care to every patient, every day.
In accord with its mission, UHS:
- Provides patient-centered primary care to UTHSC students, UTHSC employees, and Baptist College of Health Science Center students.
- Provides occupational health and surveillance for UTHSC employees
- Believes in relationship-centered care as a type of care that recognizes patients within families, communities, health organizations, and all relevant relationships that influence health and healing.
- Offers access via e-mail, same day appointments, after hours, and web site to meet client needs.
- Promotes wellness, health education and a full range of preventive services.
- Affiliates with all university units and other neighboring health organizations.
Information about what to do in case of various emergencies.
910 Madison Ave. Suite 922
Memphis, Tennessee 38163