Faculty Computing Committee
- To represent the faculty in reporting the computing needs and concerns of the faculty on the UTHSC campus regarding training, infrastructure and support;
- Regularly update the Faculty Senate blackboard site regarding committee work;
- Provide input to handbook committee for faculty computing sections.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration for the Faculty with the CIO Committee/IT Department and Administration regarding technologies and resources available to the Faculty.
- Provide input to IT on new and existing technologies, including training for those technologies, as they relate to faculty academic, research, and clinical computing.
- Promote continued expansion of electronic access to campus resources and events (i.e. meetings) from off campus via web-casting or other remote conferencing technologies.
- Promote improved payment for faculty on major software innovations and a replacement cycle for faculty and student lab computers.
- Establish a working relationship with the new CIO.
Members of Committee
|Thad Wilson||COM- Clinical|
|Phyllis Richey||ex officio|
Faculty Senate President Office
George Cook, PhD
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163