Educational Policy Committee
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, policies and recommendations related to the following:
- Honor Code;
- Curricular and instructional goals;
- Proposal, review, and approval of new programs and elimination of existing programs;
- Development of interdisciplinary programs;
- Standards for admission, retention, graduation, and grading;
- Teaching awards.
- Review teaching awards currently available in each College and recommend establishing additional College and University-wide awards if appropriate.
- Establish a procedure for regular communication with Academic Affairs about new program development or proposals and changes to or elimination of existing programs.
- Review proposals for new programs and provide feedback and make recommendations about those programs.
- Establish guidelines for and monitor the use of SafeAssign plagiarism checking software by faculty and students.
- Review and provide recommendations for changes to proposed policies and procedures for teaching metrics; provide a committee member for a UTHSC committee reviewing these policies if requested.
- Provide a stable link between the faculty and the faculty resource center.
Members of Committee
|Margaret Hartig, Chair||College of Nursing|
|John Boughter||College of Medicine - Basic|
|Lauren Mutrie||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Eric Nelson||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Beth Choby||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Vijay Joshi||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Brent Haberman||College of Medicine - Clinical|
|Jeff Phebus||College of Dentistry|
|Anastasios Karydis||College of Dentistry|
|Tim Self||College of Pharmacy|
|Jackie Sharp||College of Nursing|
|Wes Williamson||College of Health Professions|
Faculty Senate President
Terrance G. Cooper, Ph.D.
Harriet S. Van Vleet Professor of Microbiology & Immunology
Dept. of Microbiology, Immunology & Biochemistry
858 Madison Ave.
Memphis, TN 3863
Phone: Office (901) 448-6179
Phone: Lab (901) 448-2882
Faculty Senate President Office
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163