Educational and Academic Affairs
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, policies and recommendations related to the following:
- Honor Code;
- Curricular and instructional goals;
- Proposal, review, and approval of new programs and elimination of existing programs;
- Development of interdisciplinary programs;
- Standards for admission, retention, graduation, and grading;
- Teaching awards.
- Review teaching awards currently available in each College and recommend establishing additional College and University-wide awards if appropriate.
- Establish a procedure for regular communication with Academic Affairs about new program development or proposals and changes to or elimination of existing programs.
- Review proposals for new programs and provide feedback and make recommendations about those programs.
- Establish guidelines for and monitor the use of SafeAssign plagiarism checking software by faculty and students.
- Review and provide recommendations for changes to proposed policies and procedures for teaching metrics; provide a committee member for a UTHSC committee reviewing these policies if requested.
- Provide a stable link between the faculty and the faculty resource center.
Members of Committee
|Martin Donaldson, Chair||College of Dentistry|
|Howard Bromley||College of Medicine - Clinicalemail@example.com|
|Marie Hatten||College of Allied Health Sciences|
|Vijaya Joshi||College of Medicine-Clinicalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brian Kelly||College of Medicine-Clinicalemail@example.com|
|Jeff Phebus||College of Dentistryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tim Self||College of Pharmacy|
|Sherry Webb||College of Nursingemail@example.com|
|Wes Williamson||College of Allied Health Sciences|
Faculty Senate President Office
George Cook, PhD
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163