Student Conduct Administration
The Assistant Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity, and Student Rights will serve as the initial contact for student conduct issues involving students, residents, and postdocs at the institutional level by reviewing incident reports and charges filed, in addition to addressing allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination, and complaints regarding ADA/Section 504, and FERPA.
Upon receipt of a written incident reportor filed complaint, the Assistant Vice Chancellor/Director may conduct an investigation to determine if the charges have merit and/or if they can be disposed of administratively by mutual consent of the parties involved. Students who allegedly may have violated the Student Conduct Code in the CenterScope Student Handbook or violated civil laws or University regulations or policy will be appropriately advised of their rights and given a fair opportunity to provide evidence and facts for consideration.
The Assistant Vice Chancellor or a designee will also analyze student conduct issues to identify possible patterns in an effort to employ strategies to reduce potential problems. Reporting to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic, Faculty, and Student Affairs, the Assistant Vice Chancellor regularly interacts with Student Affairs Officers within the colleges; Campus Police Office; Safety Affairs Office; University Health Services; Student Academic Support Services; Student Life; Educational Development and Campus Recreation to find resolution to student conduct issues. This will also include recruiting, training and advising a review board body if utilized.
The Improving Safety on Campus (ISOC) Student Curriculum
This course is designed to assist students in improving their personal safety. It educates students to recognize victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking on campus, as well as assisting them with finding the appropriate resources for the specific crimes of: Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking.
- Memphis City Police and Shelby County Sheriffs Department: 911
- Vice Chancellor for Academic, Faculty, and Student Affairs: (901) 448-4930
- Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs: (901) 448-5568
- Assistant Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Student Rights:
College Student Affairs Officer
- Dentistry - (901) 448-6200
- Graduate Health Sciences - (901)448-5538
- Health Professions - (901) 448-5581
- Medicine - (901) 448-5684
- Nursing - (901) 448-6125
- Pharmacy - (901) 448-6120
- Social Work - (901) 448-4463
Additional University Resources
- University Campus Police: (901) 448-4444
- University Health Services: (901) 448-5630
- Safety & Occupational Health: (901) 448-4873
- Student Academic Support Services: (901) 448-5056
- International Affairs/Immigration Information: (901) 448-8484
- Student Life: (901) 448-4860 or 448-5610
- Student Housing: (901) 448-5609
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Rights and
Conduct & OED Director
Office of Equity and Diversity
910 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163