Shared Research Resources
Molecular Sciences Building
Microscopy Imaging Suite
The Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Biochemistry houses a Zeiss LSM510 confocal microscope that is available for use by investigators on the UTHSC campus and affiliated institutions. This microscope has 5 laser lines for excitation and can acquire 3 colors simultaneously, with an additional channel for DIC imaging. Reservations are made using an online calendar. Contact Dr. John Cox (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule training and for access to the facility
Flow Cytometry Facility
Director: Tony Marion, Ph.D.
MSB Rm 214
MSB, 5th floor
- Regional Biocontainment Lab/BSL3 Lab
Director: Gerry Byrne, Ph.D.
- Molecular Resource Center
Director: Bill Taylor, Ph.D.
- Mouse Transgenics Core
Director: Ioannis Dragatsis, Ph.D.
- Viral Vector Core
Director: Lorraine Albritton, Ph.D.
- Neuroscience Institute Imaging Facility
UTHSC Faculty Information System, password-protected UT website containing CVs of faculty that is searchable by key words.
- NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT), listing all current NIH-supported grants, searchable by PI name, or keyword from the abstract.
- Community of Science (must be registered as user) provides access to grant announcements, type of grants and deadlines, allows searches for colleagues, can be customized.
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts, source of information on grant opportunities and application procedures.
- NSF Grant Proposal Guide, general listing of funding opportunities.