Clinical Laboratory Sciences (CLS)
The Department of CLS offers graduate and undergraduate degree programs that prepare students for exciting careers in the following laboratory professions:
- Medical Laboratory Science (MLS)
The Master of Cytopathology Practice degree (MCP) program prepares students for certification in both cytotechnology and histotechnology where graduates may choose employment in one or both of these areas in an anatomic pathology laboratory.
For students eager to embark in the MLS profession, the department offers an undergraduate program leading to a Bachelor of Science in MLS as well as a graduate program culminating in the Master of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS) for those qualified students who already hold a science-related bachelor’s degree. There is also an online program leading to a Bachelor of Science in MLS for practicing medical laboratory technicians (MLTs).
Why choose UTHSC for your medical laboratory education?
- Programs are fully accredited, long-standing & nationally recognized.
- Curricula are dynamic, progressive & designed to prepare graduates for current & future practice.
- Faculty are dedicated, student-focused & established leaders in their professions.
- Students benefit from superior instruction and programs strengthened by highly collaborative relationships with a wide-array of clinical sites for practical laboratory experiences.
Department of Clinical Lab Sciences
930 Madison - Suite 664
Memphis, Tennessee 38163