A student's UTHSC email account is the official means for receiving communications from the College.
The College bylaws state:
"Should students desire, they can forward e-mail from their official University e-mail address to any e-mail account they choose. Please note, however, that if students elect to forward e- mail and that process fails, they will still be held accountable for reading and responding in a timely fashion to any official information sent to the official University e-mail address."
If you want to have your uthsc.edu e-mail forwarded automatically to another account, do the following:
1. Go to Exchange Webmail (http://exchange.uthsc.edu) but don’t log in.
2. Click on “Click Here to Manage Your Account” under Exchange Password.
3. Follow the prompts.
4. On the Exchange Account Manager page, click on “Mail Forwarding” in the left-hand box.
5. Follow the prompts.
6. Note that if you retain copies of forwarded mail, your in-box will eventually become full, future messages will bounce back to the sender, and you won’t receive them.
7. Finally, test the system to be sure that you’re receiving messages at the correct account.
Student e-mail accounts are maintained by UTHSC for one year after you leave the University. If you want to keep the uthsc.edu account longer, you must request this through the CGHS Office . Note that sponsorship of an e-mail account by the CGHS Office must be requested annually; otherwise, the account will be terminated at the end of one year.
College of Graduate Health Sciences
920 Madison Ave
Memphis, Tennessee 38163