Personal Trainers are available to help develop a program based on your interests, goals, and current fitness level. All UTHSC trainers are certified Trainers educated in exercise science, physical education, or a related field. You may choose your own UTHSC personal trainer providing they are available. For your safety no outside trainers are allowed to train within the facility.
Getting started with a trainer is easy, just follow the steps below:
- Pick up the personal training agreement form from Campus Recreation Office (SAC Room 312) or print the form offline.
- Turn in the forms to the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator and you will be contacted within 24 hours to schedule your initial appointment.
Please note: You MUST be a member of the Fitness Center and possess a valid Membership Card or UTHSC ID to be eligible for personal training services.
Personal Training Cancellation Policy
All clients are expected to attend each session unless an advance 24-hour notice given to the trainer. The trainer will "deduct" a session for each absence missed.
Also,the trainer must give a 24-hour notice of any scheduled appointments, or a free session will be added to the clients training package.
Otherwise, All Personal Training sessions will expire exactly 6 weeks from original date of purchase.
Packages, Prices and Payment
- Cost: $40/one-session
- Sessions must be paid in full in the Campus Recreation office, SAC 312, prior to first training session.
- Client must present receipt to the trainer the day of the health assessment.
- Based on your responses to the health history questionnaire, you may be required to obtain a physician's clearance prior to beginning your training sessions.
- Client must provide 24 hour notice to trainer when canceling an appointment to avoid getting charged for that session.
Peggy Reisser Winburne
- Occupation: Writer/editor/ fitness instructor and personal trainer
- Certifications: AFAA Group Exercise Instructor, AFAA Personal Trainer, working toward YogaFit Certification, and also Les Mills BodyPump and BTS Centergy certifications, AED/CPR certified
- Education experience: Besides above-mentioned certifications, I have done training in AFAA Mat Science, AFAA Practical Pilates, Powder Blue Production’s PiYo program, AFAA Practical Yoga, Silver Sneakers Muscular Strength and Range of Motion
- Best Part of my job: Making friends in my classes at fitness facilities all over town.
- Fitness philosophy: ”When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” I am not one to holler at people. I believe in positive motivation. I try to motivate the way I would want someone to motivate me.
Fitness Center Hours
Mon-Fri 6:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 am - 6:00 pm
Mon-Fri 6:00 am - 7:45 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 4:45 pm
Sunday 1:00 am - 5:45 pm
The Fitness Center follows the UTHSC holiday and administrative closing schedules.
Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Memphis, TN 38163
Front Desk Phone: 901-448-5973