Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN)
Overweight Prevention and Intervention
This self-paced, online course is available with pre-approved professional Continuing Education credits for dietitians, occupational therapists, and physical therapists. A certificate of completion for 10 contact hours is available for other professionals.
About The Course
This self-paced learning opportunity enables participants to learn from experts in the field of overweight prevention and intervention among children with special healthcare needs. It consists of lectures that incorporate video, images and text; a video-based family panel discussion consisting of parents of children with special healthcare needs; and a case study analysis of a family who is facing the challenge of overweight issues with a child with special health care needs.
Goals for Participants
- To increase their capabilities in identifying those children at risk for overweight and obesity and in screening, assessment, intervention, follow-up, and prevention of obesity among CSHCN.
- To increase their leadership skills in obesity prevention and intervention among CSHCN.
- To be able to identify and use community resources to develop a system of networking for obesity prevention and intervention among CSHCN.
- To strengthen the understanding of their roles and of the other members' roles on the interdisciplinary team involved in obesity prevention and intervention among CSHCN.
Payment and Registration
- Course currently under revision
Course fee of $80.00 is payable by MasterCard and VISA. A secure link is available on the registration page.
For questions concerning the online course please contact Lee Wallace at email@example.com or 901-448-6451.
711 Jefferson Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38105