Admissions Process for Advanced Standing/Transfer Students
Applications for admission with advanced standing are considered for entrance into year three of the curriculum only. Advanced standing applicants must:
- be residents of Tennessee at the time of initial medical school enrollment
- meet all entrance requirements expected of applicants into the 1st year class, including having taken the MCAT
- successfully complete the basic science curriculum at a medical school accredited by the [LCME] Liaison Committee On Medical Education and be in good academic standing
- pass step one of the [USMLE] United States Medical Licensing Examination, prior to matriculation
- provide evidence of circumstances necessitating a transfer
- appear for a personal interview
The deadline for submitting an advanced standing application is April 1st. Should you have any questions or concerns, please direct your questions to the UT Health Science Center College of Medicine Admissions Office at 901-448-5559.
College of Medicine
Office of Admissions
Medical Center Plaza
910 Madison Ave, Suite 500
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs:
David M. Stern, M.D.