Student Organization Information & Free Expression
Student Organization Advisors
The Office of Student Life works with student organization advisors and the SGAEC to serve as a liaison for UTHSC student organizations. All official UTHSC student organizations must be approved by the SGAEC, and provide an updated list of student organization officers and advisor(s) to the Office of Student Life annually. Questions regarding student organization official recognition should be directed to Emily Cooley at 901-448-5610 or email: email@example.com
Resources for Student Organization Advisors:
- Student Organization Advisor Training Handbook
- Student Organization Training video presentation - UTHSC Office of Student Affairs
- Student Organization Advisor Training Presentation
- FAQ Student Organization Advisors
- Student Organization Faculty/Staff Advisor Form
- Centerscope - See Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Related Student Policies
Student Organization Solicitation Request Form
Solicitation is defined as the seeking of funds or support by a registered student organization from sources other than its members including the procurement of supplies, and other forms of support, and the selling and distribution of items, materials or products and services. Registered student organizations may be authorized to solicit on campus as long as such solicitation is consistent with the aims of the organization and is not for the personal benefit of members.
- Student Organization Solicitation Request Form
- Signature and Logo Usage on Items Produced by Student Organizations
Third Party Information Sheet & Request To Post Form
This form and instructions apply to any Third-Party persons or groups who wish to present or solicit to the UTHSC students; post material; or host an event on University property.
Use Of University Property And Use Of University Property For Free Expression Activities
Certain rules on the use of University property, such as a rule on the use of University property for free expression activities, have been promulgated by the University in accordance with the rulemaking provisions of the Tennessee Uniform Administrative Procedures Act.