Only the following individuals will be considered as applicants in our residency program:
- Graduates of LCME-approved US and Canadian medical schools
- Graduates of AOA accredited osteopathic medical schools
- IMGs who have valid ECFMG certificates or who have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school
- Graduates from medical schools on the Medical Board of California's list of disapproved schools will not be accepted for application.
- This list can be accessed online at http://www.mbc.ca.gov/applicant/schools_unapproved.html
- Graduation from LCME-approved US or Canadian medical school, or American Osteopathic Association-accredited medical school, within the last 3 years, or documented full-time clinical patient care in the US for 12 months.
- US citizen or permanent resident of the US with a valid work authorization - WE DO NOT SPONSOR VISAS.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- 3 current letters of recommendation, preferably one from a family physician
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE) letter
- Copy of USMLE or equivalent (COMLEX) scores. It will be at our discretion to grant an interview if an applicant has failed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, or Step 3.
- a copy of your medical school transcript.
- a personal statement of your interest in Family Medicine.
- IMGs must be able to provide ECFMG certification to begin July 1st.
- All applications must go through ERAS and the NRMP.
St. Francis Family Medicine Center
1301 Primacy Parkway
Memphis, TN 38119