Students are encouraged to take advantage of the tutoring services offered through the SASSI. The identity of students who qualify for free tutoring is confidential.
- Each college/program will identify two courses for which SASSI will provide free tutoring, as available.
- For the first assessment/test/exam in the two courses identified by the college/program, free large group tutoring will be provided, as available.
- Following the second assessment/test/exam, students qualify for free tutoring as follows:
- D or F (or failing grade) on the most recent assessment/test/exam in one of the two identified courses.
- D or F average (or failing) in one of the two identified courses.
- D or F (or failing grade) on the most recent assessment/test/exam in both of the identified courses.
- D or F average (or failing) in both of the identified courses.
Students qualifying for free tutoring may receive up to a total of 3 hours of tutoring per week. If a student needs more than 3 hours per week, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. SASSI will randomly verify eligibility of students who qualify for free tutoring with the college/program.
The online scheduling system for tutoring can be accessed at tutor.uthsc.edu
Zoom Video Conferencing
For instructions on how to use Zoom for online tutoring at UTHSC, click the respective links below.
Many online group tutoring sessions are recorded and available for students to watch at a later time through the Learning Resources page.
Become a Tutor
If you want to become a tutor, send an email to Sarah Dunnavant (email@example.com).
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions about Tutoring.
Support Services and Inclusion
8 S. Dunlap GEB, Rm BB9
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-5056
Fax: (901) 448-1451