- Evaluation Committee: A standing committee of funded, tenured, senior faculty will be appointed by the Vice Chancellor for Research to evaluate requests. The committee will be limited to 5-6, and members will be from all Colleges and the Faculty Senate Research Committee, who have history of funding.
- Evaluation Process:
- Applications that meet eligibility requirements will be reviewed by the Evaluation Committee. The Committee will weigh all factors including: (1) current and past productivity; (2) granting agency critique of the unfunded grant; (3) the PI’s proposed response to the critique; (4) the budgetary request.
- The committee will score the application as top 25%, top 50% or top 75%. The highest priority will be awarded to those requests that look most promising to receive extramural funding.
- The committee will make a recommendation of no support, partial support, or full support.
- Since the evaluation of applications is based upon the factors noted above, extended comments relative to the application will not be provided; however, the Evaluation Committee may provide brief comments that can be forwarded to the PI.
- Reviewed applications will be presented to the Vice Chancellor for Research for final approval. However, in some cases where the application may represent a conflict of interest or present some problem in its evaluation, the Vice Chancellor for Research will ask the Evaluation Committee for further review or approval.
End of the Year Report
A one-page progress report on the status of the bridge fund support must be submitted by the PI to the VC for Research at the end of each twelve-month period.
Sr. Business Manager
Office of Research
Suite 608, Room 678
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-3746
Fax: (901) 448-7133