Amount of Support
- The maximum allowable amount for bridge funding is $75,000.
- Allowable costs include: (1) salary, fringe benefits and longevity pay (if applicable), for individuals whose salaries are supported by the interrupted grant, i.e., non-tenure track staff members (including post-doctoral fellows, limited term or part-time faculty members) and exempt and non-exempt staff; (2) publication costs; (3) equipment costs, such as service contracts and maintenance (but not large equipment purchases); (4) travel funds (with a limitation of $1,500), for attending a national scientific meeting; (5) research supplies.
- Bridge funding is not intended to replace the salary support of any tenured, tenure-track, regular, or affiliated faculty member, or cover graduate student stipends (if supported by the graduate college).
- Calculation of bridge support is based on, and may not exceed, the total direct cost (TDC) for the prior year of the expired grant, exclusive of tenured, tenure-track, or affiliated faculty salaries; graduate student stipends; travel; and large equipment purchases.
- Within the limits of the bridge funding guidelines, the principal investigator is free to allocate his/her Bridge Support Award funds as deemed appropriate.
- Willful misrepresentation of the budget will result in loss of eligibility.
Sr. Business Manager
Office of Research
Suite 608, Room 678
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-3746
Fax: (901) 448-7133