A confirming requisition is required to be processed in IRIS when a purchase commitment totaling $5,000 or above has been made on behalf of the University without proper authorization and issuance of a purchase order by Purchasing Services.
The following steps must be followed to process a confirming requisition:
- Enter a purchase requisition in IRIS for the total amount of the commitment. Unless assets were involved in the purchase commitment, the entire amount of the commitment can be entered on one line item. The entry in the Short Text field should be "CONFIRMING REQ.". In the Item Desp/Specs (Long Text) field, provide a complete description of the product or service and the invoice number(s). Save, but do not release the requisition if a Non-Competitive Justification (NCJ) transaction will be processed in IRIS in conjunction with the requisition. If bids were taken for the commitment by the department and a NCJ will not be processed, the requisition should be released.
- Fax the invoice(s) to Purchasing Services at 901-448-8028. The requisition number should be indicated on the invoice and the fax transmittal sheet.
- If the commitment was made on a non-competitive basis without solicitation of bids by the department, a Non-Competitive Justification (NCJ) transaction must be processed in IRIS using transaction ZNJ_MAINT_REQ_NCJ (Maintain Requisition Non-Competitive Justification).
- In question 5 of the NCJ transaction, enter an explanation of the details of the unauthorized commitment and the steps taken to ensure such actions do not reoccur.
- When the NCJ has been approved, type the NCJ number in the header text field of the requisition. Release the requisition in IRIS.
- If bids were taken by the department, they should be sent to Purchasing Services along with an explanation of the details of the unauthorized commitment and the steps taken to ensure such actions do not reoccur. The requisition number should be referenced on the cover memo accompanying the bid documents.
847 Monroe, Suite 216
Memphis, TN 38163