2016-2017 Resident Compensation Rates for ACGME-Accredited Programs
|PGY Level||Base Annual||with Disability
Life Benefits *
*In addition to the base salary, those residents participating in the disability and group life insurance programs provided through GME currently receive an additional $600 per year for disability and life insurance benefits as shown above in Column 3.
For more resident salary information, please see GME Policy #210.
Paid annual leave of three (3) weeks, consisting of twenty-one (21) days with a maximum of fifteen (15) working days (Monday-Friday) plus six (6) weekend days (Saturday-Sunday), may be given per twelve month period. Annual leave or leave without pay is granted at the discretion of the Program Director and must be approved, in writing, by the Program Director (or his/her designee) in advance. Annual leave must be used for any time away from the program not specifically covered by other leave benefits below. Annual leave does not carry over from year to year and residents are not paid for unused leave. Residents terminating before the end of their training year will be paid only through their final active working day and will not be paid for unused annual leave.
For more resident leave information, please see GME Policy #220.
- Educational Stipend - $1,500 is provided each year for attendance at one of the following conferences: ASCO, ASH, NCCN, San Antonio - Breast Cancer, BMT Tandem Meeting. Additionally, you will be awarded a one-time only presentation scholarship of $500 if you are presenting a poster or abstract at a national conference.
- Health Insurance as provided by UTHSC
- Malpractice and Disability Insurance - covered by the State of TN
- Lab Coats 4 coats are provided by GME
- Computer Literature Searches and Photocopying
- Access to Recreational Facilities
- Use of Computer Education Resource Center
- A Tennessee medical license is not required for fellowship-related activities. An institutional permit covers fellows.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Boling Center for Developmental Disabilities
711 Jefferson Ave., Suite 178
Memphis, Tennessee 38105
Jyotsna Ranga, M.D.
Leigh Ann Barns
**Photos Courtesy of Drs. Jack Gills and Ethel Cobbett**