News and Events
Pharmacists mix technical, organizational and people skills in a customer service environment. Each day, more than 281,560 pharmacists dispense medicine and advice to patients at hospitals and retail chains. The profession is expected to grow 14.5 percent by 2022, according to the U.S. News Best 100 Jobs of 2014.
Rankings are based on the following criteria:
- 10-Year Growth Volume (10 percent)
- 10-Year Growth Percentage (10 percent)
- Median Salary (30 percent)
- Job Prospects (20 percent)
- Employment Rate (20 percent)
- Stress Level (5 percent)
- Work-Life Balance (5 percent)
The University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy is ranked in the Top 20 Best Graduate Schools out of more than 130 colleges and schools of pharmacy by U.S. News. Over 97% of University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy graduates are employed at graduation!