Office 365 for Education: The New Microsoft Office for UTHSC
This page is not for learning about your email migration. Has your business manager informed you that you're moving to Office 365 email? If so, please review the UTHSC Email Migration Page and check the Schedule of Migrating Departments for more information.
What is Office365 for Education?
Office 365 for Education provides staff, faculty, and students email, online document editing and storage, access to the Office Web Apps, and Office 365 ProPlus which provides Microsoft Office for Windows and Mac at no additional cost.
- Email, Calendar, and Contacts (Migration in progress)
- OneDrive for Business
- Office Web Apps
- Office 365 Pro Plus (included)
- Office for iPad (included)
- Skype for Business
Email, Calendar, and Contacts
Use business-class email through a rich and familiar Outlook experience you can access from your mobile device, destkop client, or web browser.
- 50 GB dedicated email quota
- Exchange-based email, calendar, and contacts
- Better integration with Outlook
- Calendar Sharing among Faculty, Staff and Students
OneDrive for Business
Store documents and photos online so they can be accessed from any Internet-connected computer and be shared with others.
- Unlimited password-protected online storage
- Create private, shared, and public folders
- Deleted items go into the recycle bin, where they stay until they're automatically removed 90 days later. During the 90-day period, you can remove files from the recycle bin to free up storage space or restore items to their original location if you've accidentally deleted them. Once a file has been removed from the recycle bin, it can no longer be recovered.
Office Web Apps
Office Web Apps are touch-friendly web applications that let you create, edit and
share your Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files from any browser.
Additional information is available on Microsoft's website.
Office 365 Pro Plus and Office for iPad
Due to the University's enterprise agreement with Microsoft, faculty, staff, and students
are able to download and install Microsoft Office ProPlus desktop applications AT
NO ADDITIONAL COST. Once an individual has left the University, the Microsoft Office
ProPlus subscription will end.
Additional information is available on the UTHSC Office 365 Pro Plus website
Skype for Business
Microsoft Skype for Business is a collaboration tool for instant messaging (IM), voice or video calls, and online meetings. Skype for Business/Lync for Mac is available for most computers and/or mobile devices, on campus or anywhere you have Internet access.
Questions? Contact the UTHSC HelpDesk
Phone (901) 448-2222