UTHSC Diversity Day for Prospective Students
Increasing diversity in the health workforce is paramount to address healthcare disparities in the United States, and the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) is doing its part by offering Diversity Day on November 12, 2011 for all students with an interest in health professions. Diversity Day is being offered in conjunction with UTHSC's celebration of 50 Years of African American Achievement that will also include information about summer programs like the Summer Research Scholars (SRS) program and more.
UTHSC is also diverse in the professional degree programs being offered, and the diverse degree offerings demonstrate UTHSC's commitment to increase diversity in the health care work workforce of Tennessee. If you are a currently enrolled college student or college graduate interested in a health profession degree through the University of Tennessee Health Science Center please complete the Diversity Day registration form.
For additional information call 448-2112 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and remember Diversity Day will be held on November 12th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the General Education Building (GEB) located at 8 South Dunlap Street in Memphis, Tennessee 38163.
Diversity Day Activities
We hope the activities will help prospective students to make an informed choice about UTHSC's graduate/professional degree programs.
The agenda for the day includes:
General Education Building (GEB) Address
General Education Building
8 South Dunlap
Memphis, TN 38163
Website: General Education Building (GEB)
- Registration @ 9:30 a.m. in the General Education Building (GEB).
- Greeting from the campus administration and student leaders (GEB).
- Presentation from colleges/programs of interest to each student to include question and answer session (GEB).
- Lunch with UTHSC administrators and student leaders (Student Alumni Center).
- Information fair that will include academic program information and student services areas (Student Alumni Center).
- Financial Aid Overview (Student Alumni Center).
- Conclusion @ 2:00 p.m.
Cost and Registration
- Free! Breakfast and lunch are included with registration.
- Parking will be provided in the Lot E next to the Lamar Alexander Building at 877 Madison Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163. (View the Campus Police Parking Map for directions.)
Lodging Options & Maps/Directions
Office of Equity and Diversity
Michael Alston, Assistant Vice Chancellor
910 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163