Training and Software
Scholarly Writing Workshop Course On Blackboard
This workshop course on Blackboard has archives of resources to help you learn about technical skills, plagiarism and copyright, style, literature review, etc. to improve your scholarly writing.
Microsoft Word Tips
Endnote Reference Software
EndNote X5 Free Download [UTHSC students and faculty ONLY/with NetID]
EndNote Reference Software: Links to Support Resources
- Download this list of resources to help you with most EndNote issues that a UTHSC College of Nursing student, staff, or faculty person would need to get started with and to operate effectively with EndNote.
Overview and Training/Tutorial Options
- Link to EndNote 'Product Training' Site. You can download training modules to view in MP4 or WMV formats through your media player.
Endnote Product Support
- Link to site for Technical Support [NOTE: to get 800-phone number, scroll to bottom of page and click the "Click here to contact technical support" link.]
COMPRESS an EndNote Library [Critical]
- INSTRUCTIONS: How to Place a NEW Style File into Your EndNote Program Style Folder
- APA 6th --with no DOI-- Style File ['SAVE' this file to your hard drive' (see instructions below).]
- APA 6th --ANNOTATED with no DOI-- Style File ['SAVE' this file to your hard drive' (see instructions below).]
- LINK to ENDNOTE site for American Psychological Association (APA) 6th Edition Style Update
Term Files [for Journal Names]
- Having trouble with journal names not displaying correctly; i.e., not spelled out or not abbreviating? See instructions on how to correct this issue. Tutorial for Journal Names and Term Files
Adding and Deleting Reference Types
- These instructions show how to create a customized reference type. I advise making a 'Contact/Event' reference type. Use the reference type to document contacts, notes, context of event, keywords, location of a meeting, etc. Later, when you need to remember who you talked with, what was said, or what transpired, the information will be accessible just like other sources relevant to your scholarship.
APA 6th Changes
UTHSC College of Nursing
920 Madison Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38163
Toll Free: 800-733-2498