Admission requirements are as follows:
- Baccalaureate degree in a health-related discipline
- Practicing health care professional
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation from previous college instructors or immediate supervisors
- Foreign applicants whose native language is not English must submit results of TOEFL, with minimal score of 550, 213 on the computerized version
- Official transcripts
- Personal interview with the admissions committee
- Ability to meet published technical standards of the College of Health Professions and the Department of Health Informatics and Information Management
- A completed application form including an essay describing the applicant's career goals. A non-refundable application fee must accompany the application.
Each student must maintain a 3.0 average and a grade of B or above in each course to remain in the program.
- Satisfactory completion of 33 semester credit hours of graduate level coursework.
- Completion of coursework with a 3.0 average. A grade of B or above in each core course is required.
- Meet technical standards for the degree.
- Discharge all financial obligations to the University and removal of all deficiencies documented by the Registrar.
- Attendance at graduation is encouraged. Those unable to attend commencement must obtain permission to receive the degree in absentia by filing a written request with the Dean of the College.
Dr. Marcia Sharp
920 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-6486
The Entry-Level Masters program and the Post-graduate program are both accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The entry-level program has excellent outcomes and results on the national certification examination are above the national average. For more information about CAHIIM go to www.cahiim.org to verify the accreditation status of the programs.