Application and Admissions
You may begin the admissions process by consulting the UTHSC Online Graduate Catalog. This online document contains a wealth of information, including admission requirements, registration and enrollment requirements, financial assistance information, student services, and much more. To apply, go to http://www.uthsc.edu/apply, go to the "Set up an Account" section, select the "Graduate Health Sciences," and select "Speech and Hearing Science." Follow the directions for applications.
Requirements For Admission
Masters degree (or equivalent) preferably in the field of communication sciences and disorders, although degrees from related fields (e.g., psychology, linguistics, neurosciences, music, etc) might also be accepted.
- Prior academic record with evidence of a prior grade point average above 3.5
- Combined GRE score of 1000 or higher on verbal and analytical components.
- 3 letters of recommendation from previous professors, clinical supervisors, or employers.
- Identification of faculty member who agrees to serve as major advisor.
- For international students, the TOEFL is required with a paper based minimum score of 550 or a computer based minimum score of 213.
Celebrate the past, present, and future of ASP with us in the pages of the Audiology & Speech Pathology 2014 Annual Newsletter.