Terms and Conditions
By accepting your financial aid offer you are agreeing to fulfill all of the following terms and conditions set by federal regulations and university policies:
- You will notify the Financial Aid Office (FAO) immediately if you receive sources of assistance which are not listed on your award notice, or are listed with different amounts.
- You confirm that the information reported on your aid application is correct and complete.
- You are not in default on educational loans and do not owe a refund for any federal funds received at UTHSC or elsewhere.
- You certify that before filing your FAFSA you were never convicted of a drug-related crime, or, if convicted, you have completed an approved drug rehabilitation program, and/or all convictions have been removed from your record.
- You agree to notify the Office of Financial Aid if you are incarcerated during any term in which you are receiving financial aid.
- If after filing your FAFSA you are convicted of possessing or selling drugs, you will notify FAO immediately.
- You are NOT enrolled in a certificate or other non-degree granting program.
- You are making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree as described under Satisfactory Academic Progress page.
- To receive the full award amounts you were offered, you must be enrolled full-time (9 undergraduate credit hours, 12 graduate/professional credit hours). Failure to enroll in full-time coursework could result in adjustments being made to the financial aid offered to you. Any adjustments made after financial aid has been disbursed to you will result in those funds being billed to your student account and you likely owing the institution back for those funds. Please make sure you check with your assigned financial aid counselor if you know you will be enrolled in any term for less than full-time.
- You must notify the college department you are enrolled under if you withdraw from the University. Withdraw information can be found in the Centerscope.
- You will respond promptly to all requests from the FAO for additional information. If you do not respond, you may be billed for a portion or all of the financial aid disbursed to you.
- You will notify the FAO if you have been awarded financial aid for a semester in which you do not plan to enroll.
- You certify that any federal student aid funds received during the award year will be used solely for educational expenses related to attendance during the year.
- You have read the federally-required disclosures on the Federal Notices page.
- You agree to repay to UTHSC any financial aid funds disbursed to you in error. If a mistake was made, whether by yourself, the OFA, or another agency, federal regulations require that the mistake be corrected and funds be billed back as necessary.