Department of General Dentistry
The mission of the Department of General Dentistry is to advance the oral health and general overall health of the people of the State of Tennessee and others worldwide through excellence in teaching and learning, research and creative activities, patient care, civic engagement and service.
Teaching and Learning
- Enhance student learning and develop graduates who are highly competent clinicians, critical thinkers and lifelong learners who are ethical, socially responsible, and culturally sensitive professionals of general dentistry.
- Attract and retain quality faculty and provide support to enhance effective teaching and learning in clinical, laboratory, classroom, and service learning settings.
Research and Creative Activities
- Excel in high-quality, innovative research and scholarly activities, which engage faculty, students and staff, attract external funding, increase our national standing, and lead to improvements in oral and overall health.
- Provide a comprehensive spectrum of evidence-based, quality oral health services to individuals from any socio-economic or cultural group.
Civic Engagement and Service
- Serve local, state, national, and international communities through partnerships involving clinical care, service-learning, and community engaged scholarship in addition to serving the university and the profession.
College of Dentistry
875 Union Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38163