Advanced Endodontics Program
The Advanced Specialty Education Program in Endodontics is located in the College of Dentistry’s Winfield C. Dunn building on the University of Tennessee Health Science Center campus in Memphis, Tennessee. Successful completion of the 2 year program leads to a Certificate of Proficiency in Endodontics, awarded by the UTHSC College of Dentistry. Successful completion of the optional 3 year program leads to a Master of Dental Science degree, awarded by the UTHSC College of Graduate Health Sciences.
The program provides advanced instruction and clinical training intended to facilitate the private and/or academic practice of endodontics. To complete the program, residents must demonstrate proficiency in the examination, diagnosis and treatment of pathologies of the dental pulp and the related periodontal tissues. The program complies with standards established by the American Dental Association's Commission on Dental Accreditation and qualifies residents for examination by the American Board of Endodontics. Continuous, full time attendance in the 24-month or 36-month program is required. Those wanting more information on the 36-month Master if Dental Science program are directed to UTHSC College of Dentistry webpage on Postgraduate Dental Education.
Successful admission matriculation into the Advanced Post Graduate Endodontic Program requires that applicants have the following credentials and submitted documentation:
- Completed the PASS application form
- Dental school class rank in the upper 50% of their graduating class
- At least a "B" course work average in dental school, or a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Official copies of test scores for Part 1 and Part 2 of the National Board Dental Exam
- DDS, DMD or equivalent degree
- Official final transcripts from dental school and post-dental educational experiences
- An active state dental license from one of the 50 US states
Department of Endodontics
875 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163