Monitoring Nitrous Oxide-Oxygen Sedation for the Dental Assistant
Dates and Times
- Saturday, February 8, 2014 and Saturday, September 20, 2014
- 9 am to 4 pm. (CST) / 10am to 5pm (EST)
*Group lunch provided in Memphis. Lunch in Kingsport is on your own. A test will be given at the end of the course.
- Locations: Memphis, TN - General Education Building at 8 South Dunlap, Memphis, TN 38163 and video conferenced to the Kingsport Center for Higher Education in Kingsport, TN.
- Credit: 6 hours
- Tuition: $195 per assistant
- All tuition and fees are due in full at the time of registration. Class space is limited; registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration less than 10 business days prior to the course is subject to available space and a $25 late registration fee.
- Memphis Parking: Dental Patient Lot (O Lot) located southwest of Dunn Dental Bldg. is free on weekends.
Madison Plaza Garage (H Lot) located at 940 Madison Ave. - $5/day. Metered parking
is also available for a cost along S. Dunlap St.
Kingsport Parking: Course will be held in the Kingsport Center for Higher Education located at 300 West Market Street on the corner of Market & Clay Streets. Free parking is available at the KCHE - enter off Clay Street
- Course Presenter: J. Stansill Covington, DDS
- Course Registration Form
Applicants must be a registered dental assistant in Tennessee prior to applying for the course. If you are already certified in Nitrous Oxide Monitoring, you will receive 6 hours of CE credit. There will be an exam at the end of this course and you must achieve a score of 75% to be eligible for certification.
This course will be conducted in Memphis and will be teleconferenced to the Kingsport Center for Higher Education in Kingsport, TN.
Course will be held on the UTHSC campus in the Humphreys General Education Building, room A304 at the corner of Madison and Dunlap.
Course will be held in the Kingsport Center for Higher Education located at 300 West Market Street on the corner of Market & Clay Streets. Free parking is available at the KCHE - enter off Clay Street.
This course is designed to provide the knowledge needed to successfully monitor the use of nitrous oxide/oxygen analgesia in a private dental practice. Some of the topics to be presented include a review and update on basic physiology, information on patient evaluation for the use of nitrous oxide, a discussion of the role of nitrous oxide in the dental practice, a review of the new equipment and techniques, and knowledge of the indications and contraindications for using nitrous oxide.
Approved by Arkansas Board of Dental Examiners to meet requirements to become a Registered Dental Assistant. Also approved for AR dental hygienists who want to monitor/administer in the state of Arkansas. Five hours of CE credit will be issued to AR dental hygienists upon completion of the course and exam.
Mississippi State Board of Dental Examiners will accept this course for 6 hours of CE credit for MS dental hygienists.
The University of Tennessee College of Dentistry is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The University of Tennessee designates this activity for 6 Hours continuing education credits.