UTHSC Fitness Center Age Policy
- Parents or guardians must accompany and have direct supervision of all dependents/children under 18 years of age.
- Dependents/children age 16 and under are not permitted in exercise classes, the exercise room or in the fitness areas at any time.
- Pool use: No persons under 18 are allowed on the UTHSC pool deck at any time, with the exception of those enrolled in swim lessons facilitated by The UTHSC Aquatics Department. This applies to scheduled swim lessons only, and does not extend to times outside of those scheduled lessons.
- Hot tub use: No children under the age of 18 allowed in the hot tub at any time. .
- Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian present and sign a release of liability witnessed by fitness center staff.
- Burden of proof of age is the parents/ guardians or the dependents/child’s.
- Parents/guardians are expected to know and follow the age policies of the fitness center.
- Failure to follow the age policy will result in expulsion from the fitness center and or membership revocation.
UTHSC Pool Policy
Effective November 24th, 2014
- This is a swim at your own risk pool; there is no lifeguard on duty.
- No one will be allowed in the swimming area unless the pool is officially open.
- Entering the pool area when it is not open for public use is prohibited and will be considered trespassing.
- No diving is permitted unless under supervised instruction by UTHSC Staff.
- Lap lanes are intended for multiple swimmers. Lap swimmers should arrange themselves by speed in the lanes. It is not uncommon to swim four or more people to a lane. Please split lanes or circle swim if necessary.
- Only UTHSC staff members are authorized to teach swimming lessons within our facilities. No activity for private gain is permitted at any time.
- Parents are asked to wait off deck during swim lessons.
- No persons under 18 are allowed on the UTHSC pool deck at any time, with the exception of those enrolled in swim lessons facilitated by The UTHSC Aquatics Department. This applies to scheduled swim lessons only, and does not extend to times outside of those scheduled lessons.
- During rainstorms, the indoor pool may be closed and the entire area cleared of patrons at the discretion of the supervisor on duty.
- The pools will not reopen until 20 minutes after the last clap of thunder/ instance of lightening.
- Proper swimwear (bathing suits) must be worn at all times.
- It is recommended that members shower with soap prior to entering the pool.
- Glass, sharp metal objects or toys are prohibited on the Pool Deck, Locker Rooms or hallway
- Prolonged underwater swimming or breath holding is prohibited
- Members should exit the pool immediately if feeling uncomfortable, dizzy, fatigued and should report problems immediately to deck staff.
- Members should enter and exit cautiously using the ladder and handrail to prevent slipping.
- We are not responsible for personal items left unattended.
- The building MUST be vacated at closing time. Please end your workout accordingly, allowing enough time to shower and change.
- All Campus Recreation Staff reserve the right to remove any Member or Guest from the pool if he/she exhibits behavior that is believed to be unsafe or inappropriate. Any user who elects to ignore staff requests regarding pool regulations will be subject to expulsion from the facility.
Fitness Center Hours
Mon-Fri 6:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The Fitness Center follows the UTHSC Official Holiday Closings.
Mon-Fri 6:00 am - 7:45 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 4:45 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 5:45 pm
Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Memphis, TN 38163
Front Desk Phone: 901-448-5973