The components of the BLUES Project are:
- Clinic-based group counseling for mothers
- Prenatal and postpartum evaluation and education
- Links to community resources and services
- Social support from licensed social workers
- Program services provided through childs second birthday
Mothers have immediate access to quality prenatal and continued care for mom and baby; prenatal and postpartum education; information to help moms and dads continue their education and secure employment; referrals to community resources and services. Mothers volunteer to attend at least 1 monthly clinic-based psychosocial education group session and/or meet individually with clinic BLUES team member. Mothers receive at least 1 monthly phone or face to face contact from a BLUES team member.