Relative Caregiver Program: Volunteer Needs
This component of the Memphis and Shelby County Relative Caregiver Program is designed to facilitate the social development of adolescents participating in the program. Volunteers are encouraged to assist youth with long-term and short-term goal setting, as well as participate in structured and unstructured recreation activities.
- Interest and concern for young people
- Desire and ability to work with at-risk youth
- Basic sensitivity to challenges youth in RCP face
- Patience and perseverance
- Reliable and dependable
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Volunteers must complete and pass a background check in order to work as volunteers.
Volunteers are needed in the follow areas:
Children and Teens Groups
- 3rd Saturday of each month
Summer Recreational Activities
- Ball Games
- Field Days or Picnics
Fall, Winter, and Spring Holiday Celebrations
- Winter Season Celebration
- Hearts of Gold
- Mega Support Group
Whole Family Activities (Spring)
Relative Caregiver Program
711 Jefferson Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38105
This program is in partnership with the TN Department of Children's Services. For information on the program in other parts of the state, visit the state's DCS website.