Admission requirements are as follows:
- Baccalaureate degree in a health-related discipline
- Practicing health care professional
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation from previous college instructors or immediate supervisors
- Foreign applicants whose native language is not English must submit results of TOEFL, with minimal score of 550, 213 on the computerized version
- Official transcripts
- Personal interview with the admissions committee
- Ability to meet published technical standards of the College of Allied Health Sciences and the Department of Health Informatics and Information Management
- A completed application form including an essay describing the applicant's career goals. A non-refundable application fee must accompany the application.
Each student must maintain a 3.0 average and a grade of “B” or above in each course to remain in the program.
- Satisfactory completion of 33 semester credit hours of graduate level coursework.
- Completion of coursework with a 3.0 average. A grade of “B” or above in each core course is required.
- Meet technical standards for the degree.
- Discharge all financial obligations to the University and removal of all deficiencies documented by the Registrar.
- Attendance at graduation is encouraged. Those unable to attend commencement must obtain permission to receive the degree in absentia by filing a written request with the Dean of the College.
Dr. Marcia Sharp
920 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-6486