Application and Admissions
You may begin the admissions process by consulting the UTHSC Online Graduate Catalog. This online document contains a wealth of information, including admission requirements, registration and enrollment requirements, financial assistance information, student services, and much more. To apply, go to http://www.uthsc.edu/apply, go to the "Set up an Account" section, select the "Graduate Health Sciences," and select "Speech and Hearing Science." Follow the directions for applications.
Requirements For Admission
Master’s degree (or equivalent) – preferably in the field of communication sciences and disorders, although degrees from related fields (e.g., psychology, linguistics, neurosciences, music, etc) might also be accepted.
- Prior academic record with evidence of a prior grade point average above 3.5
- Combined GRE score of 1000 or higher on verbal and analytical components.
- 3 letters of recommendation from previous professors, clinical supervisors, or employers.
- Identification of faculty member who agrees to serve as major advisor.
- For international students, the TOEFL is required with a paper based minimum score of 550 or a computer based minimum score of 213.
Celebrate the past, present, and future of ASP with us in the pages of the Audiology & Speech Pathology 2014 Annual Newsletter