- Of recent graduates: 30% entered subspecialty fellowship programs; 37% chose general internal medicine; 33% chose hospital medicine
- UTHSC Internal Medicine - Nashville residents enjoy an excellent quality of life, having no on-call or weekend responsibilities while on subspecialty rotations.
- UTHSC Internal Medicine - Nashville residents are active participants and members of various institutional committees of St. Thomas Midtown (formerly Baptist Hospital) including the Ethics Committee.
- UTHSC Internal Medicine - Nashville residents establish firm ties to the medical community of Nashville, which provides a framework for practice opportunities both in Nashville and the southeastern United States.
- There are two internal moonlighting opportunities for PGY-2 and PGY-3 residents.
- Numerous benefits are provided to help residents maintain their focus on education, including yearly educational stipend, free meals, free parking, assigned call rooms.
UTHSC Internal Medicine
Tracey Doering, M.D.
Department of Medicine
St. Thomas Midtown Hospital
2000 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37236