Faculty Affairs Committee
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, policies and recommendations related to the following:
- Policies for appointment, promotion, and tenure;
- Policies for off-campus assignments and leaves of absence;
- Policy for discharge for cause;
- Evaluation of administrators;
- Procedures for faculty performance assessment;
- Workshops on promotion and tenure;
- Policy on consulting;
- New faculty orientation.
- Promote consistent and transparent faculty appointments, evaluation, and advancement practices across all colleges.
- Advocate for faculty support and incentives to encourage faculty retention.
- Promote transparent and equitable workload expectations and requirements for all Faculty across all colleges.
- Continue upward evaluation of administrators on a regular basis.
- Promote the optimal balance between campus security and access.
- Regularly review and recommend revisions of the Faculty Handbook and Evaluation Manual to the Faculty Senate.
Members of Committee
|Terry Cooper, Chair||College of Medicine - Basic|
|Matthew Allman||College of Allied Health Sciences|
|Ginna Betts||College of Nursing|
|Ashanti Braxton||College of Dentistry|
|Harris L. Cohen||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|F. Hammond Cole||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Melody Cunningham||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Alexander Mathew||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Lisa Jennings||College of Medicine-Clinical|
|Robert Nolly||College of Pharmacy|
|Cheryl Scott||College of Nursing|
|Stephanie Storgion||College of Medicine-Clinical|
Faculty Senate President Office
George Cook, PhD
62 South Dunlap Rm 212
Memphis, TN 38163